WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION?
simplegoodz uses the personal information that it collects to provide you with products, information, and services. We may use your information to track your purchase history and to contact you for account and promotional purposes. We may also use your personal information for other legitimate business purposes, including to detect and prevent fraud, to collect amounts owing to us and to maintain business records.
When you purchase something from our store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, phone number and email address along with all the transactional details like Order Number or shipping address.
When you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
Email marketing (if applicable): With your permission, we may send you emails about our store, new products, and other updates.
How do you get my consent?
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
How do I withdraw my consent?
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at any time, by contacting us at email@example.com or mailing us at:
22431 Antonio Parkway B160-202
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA 92688
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
Our store is hosted by Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Your data is stored on Shopify’s data storage, databases, and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted. All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers. For more insight, you may also want to read Shopify’s Terms of Service (https://www.shopify.com/legal/terms) or Privacy Statement (https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy).
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
We share personal information with service providers, some of whom may provide marketing assistance, and may also share information with other trusted brands whom they believe may be of interest to their customers.
Certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
Our store uses Google Analytics to help us learn about who visits our site and what pages are being looked at.
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed. While we attempt to protect the information in our possession, no security system is perfect and we cannot promise that information about you will remain secure in all circumstances.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
Here is a list of cookies that we use. We’ve listed them here so you that you can choose if you want to opt-out of cookies or not.
- _session_id, unique token, sessional, Allows Shopify to store information about your session (referrer, landing page, etc).
- _shopify_visit, no data held, Persistent for 30 minutes from the last visit, Used by our website provider’s internal stats tracker to record the number of visits
- _shopify_uniq, no data held, expires midnight (relative to the visitor) of the next day, Counts the number of visits to a store by a single customer.
- cart, unique token, persistent for 2 weeks, Stores information about the contents of your cart.
- _secure_session_id, unique token, sessional
- storefront_digest, unique token, indefinite If the shop has a password, this is used to determine if the current visitor has access.
- PREF, persistent for a very short period, Set by Google and tracks who visits the store and from where.
In addition to the above, we may use the following technologies to automatically collect information about your activities on our websites.
- Flash Cookies2
- Web beacons, clear pixels, or pixel tags.3
- Web server logs.4
- Geo-location technologies.5
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY NOTICES
If you are a California resident under 18 years old and a registered user of the Site, you can request that we remove content or information that you have posted to our Site. Please note that responding to your request may not ensure complete or comprehensive removal from our Site (e.g., if the content or information has been reposted by another user). To request removal of content or information, please contact us at the address, telephone or email below.
AGE OF CONSENT
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at
[Re: Privacy Compliance Officer]
22431 Antonio Parkway B160-202
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA 92688
1. "Cookies" are small bits of information that are placed on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies remember information about your activities on the site to make your visits to our website more enjoyable and valuable to you by providing a customized experience and recognizing your preferences when you visit our website. If you've chosen to disable cookies on your browser, some of the functionality of our website may be lost. Certain of our web page, particularly those that require a login and password, require that cookies be enabled in your browser and cannot be used when you have disabled cookies in your browser.
2. Flash cookies (also called Local Shared Objects or "LSOs") are data files similar to cookies, except that they can store more complex data. Flash cookies are used to remember settings, preferences, and usage, particularly for video, interactive gaming, and other similar services.
3. Web beacons are small graphic images on a Web page or in an e-mail that can be used for such things as recording the pages and advertisements clicked on by users, or tracking the performance of e-mail marketing campaigns.
4. Web server logs are records of activity created by the computer that delivers the web pages you request to your browser. For example, a web server log may record the search term you entered or the link you clicked to bring you the webpage. The Web server log also may record information about your browser, such as your IP address and the cookies set on your browser by the server.
5. Geo-location technology refers to technologies that permit us to determine your location. We may ask you to manually provide location information on our website, or to enable your mobile device to send us precise location information. We may also automatically collect general location information from your web browser.